Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A work in progress

We have been diligently working for quite some time to get Brandon to stay in his own bed once he has been tucked into bed for the night. We go through our normal routine of bath time, reading time, prayer time, and snuggle time. After snuggle time it is time for him to stay in his bed. However, that part never quite works out for us. Brandon will get up and down-he needs a drink of water, needs to go to the bathroom, needs a kiss, needs a hug...you get the picture--the list could go on and on and on! We started a sticker chart and that worked for about 2 weeks and he has lost interest in getting a prize. In fact, he said just last night, when I reminded him about his sticker chart, "I don't want a sticker and I don't want a prize either". We are continuing our quest to have him simply go on to sleep in his own bed. The other night around 10:15 PM, I explained to him very calmly that I was tired, he was tired, and he should not get out of his bed again and if he got up again, he would get a pop. After I got ready for bed, I realized that he hadn't come into our room so I looked in and found him sound asleep. However, I think his last thoughts before falling asleep must have been...It might be worth the pop, no it's not, yes it is, not it's not...

See if you agree...

No comments:

Post a Comment