Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New words, new sayings...

I remember like it was yesterday the joy of hearing Brandon saying Momma and Daddy and looking at us. I remember the excitement we both felt as he was adding words to his vocabulary. Just a few months ago, I loved hearing him use because and since correctly in a sentence and hearing him tell secrets! All of these language milestones are wonderful and I have been eager for him to continue to expand his vocabulary...until last week! Last week we added shut-up and stupid to the list of words to use! Of course, we talked about how those words aren't nice and that we don't talk like that in our home. However, his buddy at school does say those words so I did the "I am not his mommy..." talk. Anyway, no pictures for this post, just hoping that our language development gets back on track with "nice" words soon!

1 comment:

  1. Just remember to look on the bright side of things Kim! I remember the first time my friend babysat Lena and she informed me that Lena had said a swear word. I said #1 "did you correct her?" & #2 "did she use it appropriately?" You always gotta find the silver lining!! Parenting is messy business...

    ReplyDelete